Frequently Asked Questions
- There are no FAQs that match your search
- Can I access Modern Governor from home?
- Yes, Modern Governor can be accessed from home or anywhere as long as you have access to the internet.
- Can I print a module out?
- We recommend that you don't print out modules as this can only be done on a page by page basis. All modules are available to return to at any time.
- Do I need to do any preparation before starting a module?
- Before starting any module make sure you have a clear space in your diary so you're unlikely to be disturbed. To access the modules in Modern Governor you will need to enable pop ups in your internet browser. If you need any help doing this, please contact us. Some of the modules require Adobe Flash player to play the content. You can check whether you have the latest version, or download the correct version.
- How can I find out if I have any incomplete modules?
- Once logged in to Modern Governor, on the right-hand side of the screen, you will see a button called "My Progress". Click this and a new window will open, detailing your progress in each module. To the left of the module name will be a circle which will indicate completion based on progress
- How do I access a module?
- Once you have logged in you will see the 3 categories of modules available. Choose a category, and you'll see a list of the modules available. Choose a module and simply click on the title to see the topic outline page. From here you can launch the module from the link in section one of the topic outline.
- How do I know if I have completed a section of a module?
- As you work through the different sections of the module you will be able to see which sections you have completed on the Menu page. You can also see which sections are half-completed and those you've still to do.
- How should I go about choosing a module?
- Once you have registered on Modern Governor you have access to all the e-learning modules available. Each module can be revisited at any time as a refresher or point of reference.
- I completed a module a while ago. Can I return to it?
- Modern Governor modules are available at all times. This means that even if you completed a module months ago you can still refer back to it. This can be done by searching for the module in the modules listing on the front page.
- I haven't received the automated email to complete my registration
- Please check your email Junk or Spam folder to make sure it's not been filed there. If it's not there contact us via email@example.com
- I'm a first time user, how do I access the e-learning?
- Go to www.moderngovernor.com
- On the blue login box, click on ‘create new account’ and follow the on-screen instructions (you must have a valid email address)
- Our system will send you an automated email – click on the embedded link to confirm your registration
- When you’ve confirmed your registration, you’ll be sent back to our homepage
- Enter your username and password in the boxes provided and click ‘log in’
- I've forgotten my password what should I do?
- Click on the forgotten password link underneath the log in box. Fill in the required details and this will generate a new password which you will receive via email.
- What if I want to stop working through a module and return to it later?
- The benefit of Modern Governor is that you can revisit a module as many times as you like in order to complete it. To exit a module at any time click on Menu (located in the bottom left corner of every page) to return to the course contents. Click on Exit to leave the course and return to the module topic outline. Your learning will be saved and will be available from the modules list on the front page so you can pick up where you left off.
- What is a module topic outline?
- The topic outline provides you with all the information relevant to that module. A module may include several sections – one or more pieces of e-learning, perhaps a quiz, a certificate and a questionnaire for you to complete. Your feedback is really important to us, so please do let us know what you thought of your completed modules.
- What is Modern Governor?
- Modern Governor is e-learning designed specifically for busy school governors. It will enable you to access quality, interactive learning materials to help you better understand your role.
- Why doesn't the e-learning module fit my screen?
- If you are using a lower resolution screen display or a larger font, you may find the e-learning module does not fit onto your page. If this is the case please be aware that on some pages you may have to scroll up and down to ensure you see all the information. You may also change your screen resolution for the purposes of completing the e-learning module. Contact your IT help desk who will assist you with this or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 0845 543 6033