04 Feb NGA Bulletin Board February 2013
Last week, the Department for Education (DfE) published the latest performance tables for secondary schools. The data show that at key stage 4, 59.4% of pupils in both maintained and independent schools reached the government’s benchmark of five GCSEs graded A* to C, including English and maths – up from 58.2% in 2011. However, the number of schools failing to reach the government floor standard for pupils obtaining five A*-C GCSEs has doubled to 215. The threshold for the standard has been increased from 35% to 40% since last year, with the Secretary of State for Education (Michael Gove) set to increase it to 50% within two years.
- Changes to School Teachers’ Pay
- Further concerns over GCSE reforms
- A-Level reforms confirmed
- Academies Commission Report
- Dates for your diary, Regional meetings and conferences.
- Sponsored academies Q&A. The document is the next in a series of Q&A’s available to members from their website.
Download NGA-Bulletin-Board-02-13 here.