21 May “More pedagogic change in 10 years than last 1000 years” by @DonaldClark
I’m a long-time fan of his straight-talking, often-challenging, always thought-provoking style.
His most recent talk was at TEDx Glasgow, titled “More pedagogic change in 10 years than last 1000 years”. The best lines for me were:
- The pedagogic stupidity of one-time learning events
- Books are only scalable in terms of being replicable
- The OU has 250,000 students, none of them on a campus
- When people talk about education, they quickly resort to anecdote
- You have learnt nothing without repeated access to materials
- The Khan Academy has reached 110 million students in just a few years
…and more besides.
Donald’s video is here: http://youtu.be/dEJ_ATgrnnY
Check out his blog too – he’s writing 50 blogs in 50 days about learning theorists