09 Mar NGA Bulletin Board March 2012
The cover story for the March bulletin from the NGA is:
“Effective Governance: the eight essential ingredients”
These eight ingredients are the basis for an effective governing body. They are based on research, practice, and the Ofsted report published last year. How many of these does your governing body have?
1. The right people round the table
2. Understanding role & responsibilities
3. Good chairing
4. Professional clerking
5. Good relationships based on trust
6. Knowing the school – the data, the staff, the parents, the children, the community
7. Committed to asking challenging questions
8. Confident to have courageous conversations in the interests of the children and young people
There’s plenty of other good stuff in March’s bulletin, including NLGs, regional NGA meeting dates and news about DfE consultations.
- Download the NGA March bulletin as a PDF
- View the NGA March bulletin on Modern Governor’s Scribd channel