28 May Updated module: Safeguarding and Promoting Child Welfare
This module is a basic introduction to your responsibility as a Governor in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
This is a companion module to Safeguarding and Child Protection for Non Children’s Service Workers.
It is divided into three sections:
- Children’s Welfare Basics
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Reporting and Dealing With Allegations
In this module you’ll explore :
• the difference between safeguarding and child protection
• what policies your school must have in place
• how to ensure a safe recruitment process
• what to do in a case of suspected abuse or neglect
• how to respond to an allegation of abuse
You can download the module leaflets for both our safeguarding modules here
If you are not currently a subscriber to Modern Governor, but would like to take advantage of our free trial, then please click here.