20 Dec Updated Safeguarding and school governance module available
Further to the recent release of the Introduction to safeguarding and child protection module, Modern Governor subscribers now have access to the completely revised module which aims to equip all governors and trustees – not just those designated as having a role in safeguarding – to hold their institutions and colleagues to account in this crucial area. The module is based around the understanding that giving all members of a board a common understanding of the issues in a particular area allows us to hold one another to account in that area and, when that shared understanding exists, we can be more effective in ensuring our school or academy is carrying out its responsibilities.
The module’s structure
Click or tap on the images to see some screens from across the module:
The module is broken down into four main sections:
- Introduction – an overview of safeguarding & relevant legislation
- Safeguarding in schools – what safeguarding means in the context of a school & how this relates to governance
- Safeguarding policies, procedure and practice – the detail of what governors & trustees are required to undertake regarding safeguarding
- Culture of vigilance – institutional culture and the roles of stakeholders in safeguarding.
In common with all Modern Governor modules, once they’ve finished governors are able to download a personalised certificate in PDF format as evidence of completion of the module. On request representatives from a local authority, diocese, academy trust or chain, or if required the school’s development governor can easily run an online report showing detailed course enrolment and completion statistics by governors from a school, academy or (with appropriate permissions) across a trust, chain, diocese or local authority.
How to access the module
Any subscriber who logs in is immediately able to enrol on and complete any of the 50+ Modern Governor modules, including this newly updated one. If you’d like to have full access to five of the mobile friendly modules then simply sign up for the free, no-obligation, 30 day trial or contact us to find out subscription rates for your school, academy, MAT, federation or local authority.
Related titles available to subscribers
Subscribers to Modern Governor can also access a range of related titles covering safeguarding, including some included as part of the Modern Governor Core Skills collection:
- An introduction to safeguarding and child protection;
- Honour based violence and forced marriage;
- FGM – female genital mutilation.
– you can find out more about these modules via our e-learning pages or by browsing all of our articles related to new and updated learning modules.